Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year!!

Happy New Year!! :) Honestly, I didn't stay up to bring in the New Year.  Although it's a huge holiday here they are not allowed to shoot off any fireworks.  They do shoot off fireworks in Manila, but that's a plane flight away, so we don't benefit from that.  But, we did take advantage of the evening and go out for dinner.  The strange part of that was that the mall closed at 8:30, so by the time we got our bill, all the servers had changed into their street close and were ready to get out for a night of partying.  None the less, we had a wonderful time.

Ah, but New Year's Day.  It was perfectly lovely!  The day could not have started better than with a double rainbow!  Can you see it a little in the picture?
it's nigh impossible to tell, but the rainbow just repeated itself making it a double rainbow. Gorgeous!
How perfect?  God reminded me of His faithfulness,

"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”
Genesis 9: 13-17

Oh, how precious to be greeted in the morning with that reminder.  He closed off one year with His faithfulness and will be faithful through the next!  Wow.  The rest of the day was just beautiful.  My friend and I went to church.  Everything was closed, so we actually wondered if there would be church, but there was!  When I say everything, it was everything.  It would have been hard to find transportation that day.  The mall that is normally bustling with people that we pass on the way to church was completely closed, there were no vendors in fron, to triceys waiting for people to taxi...no one.  Well, the church was there, and we praised the Lord together for His goodness.

May the Lord bless your new year in Him, to be bold for His Kingdom and cause His Light to shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven.

Blessings!
Kelly

P.S. Thank you also to that ladies of P4U Bible Study who sent a lovel box that arrived just a couple days before the New Year.  You have not only blessed me, but also the families who will get a little gift and the girls in the house with me. :)  Thank you so much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment