Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Catch #11: Jassen Jeybre

Greetings to you in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Have you seen His blessings recently?

Yesterday was an incredibly busy day.  Even as my heart wanted to catch a baby, my mind couldn't handle the thought.  God knows what is most important and He has called me here, so each shift is really His, He knows what it will hold an it's perfect for that day!

We were on shift at 6:00am and at 9:05am after a couple other patients had been checked in (one was transported) "my" patient was admitted.  She was 7cm and already water broken (BOW Rup).  She started getting very active quite fast.

For as long as possible I encouraged her to breath, then when she couldn't resist pushing anymore she started pushing.  She did so well.  Her bana was very tender and helpful throughout it all.  At 10:04am a beautiful baby boy was born!  Jassen Jaybre was 3000g.

The reason this couple is so dear is because I probably won't see them again, except when their birth certificate is finished.  They live 2 hours away by bus ride!  I don't know her story, but her last baby was also born here.  Maybe she moved, but that part of her story isn't very clear to me (the language can be a barrier sometimes!)

Here are some pictures.  He's a cutie.  He kept sticking his tongue out, but the camera kept missing it.



2 comments:

  1. Que precioso!! He sure is cute! So proud of you, Kelita! God is using you mightily! ALL for HIS glory! Love you, mi miha! Mamacita xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Praise God for His goodness.

    ReplyDelete