Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Honk goes the Taxi!

We have some of the most experienced taxi drivers. They now how to pull up quickly and efficiently while honking their horn to let us know they are arriving with a labor...and sometimes a car that needs cleaning from, well, a car delivery.  It happens.

This morning there was a precious baby whose mom and dad came in one such honking taxi.  She had not given birth yet, so we quickly moved her from taxi to clinic with the aide of a wheel chair.  Just 19 minutes later at 8:06am a beautiful baby girl was born.  The parents both did great.  It is their second baby (their first child is also a girl), but that doesn't always insure an easy deliver or calm parents.

This birth is special for so many reasons, but there are two reason that stand out from the rest.  One is that this is my first baby girl.  She is just 5 days short of being a "term" (at least 38 weeks) baby, but is doing great, praise Jesus.  Secondly, she is named after me!  As was the turn of events for the day, I wasn't even there when they named the baby.  I don't know if they know how much it astonished or blessed me, but it sure did! My prayer is that this little Kelly Zell (yup, she'll have two first names) is a bold warrior for Jesus.

Everyone here has said that at some point you will probably have a baby named after you or you might be asked for a suggestion for the name.  This still surprised me.  Woo!

While I did remember my ink pad to get foot prints of the baby for the parents and me, I forgot my camera. Someone even said I could use theirs but I got so busy...well, hopefully they will come tomorrow for their baby check and we can grab a few snapshots then! They really love to have pictures taken and then we try to print them out for them because that is really their only remembrance of their baby's birth.

That's the latest from "The Birth Room."  God bless each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment