Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Gospel...it is never an "old" truth

Are we not so blessed to be "covered in the Blood"?  For the past 3 months of being here I have attended a different church almost every Sunday.  Tiring?  Occassionally, however, there is more to church than just going to the same one.  In this current chapter the need seems to change from week to week, but God is always faithful to meet me exactly where I am.  Often, most of the joy in going is getting to spend time with a girl or two or three outside of the daily relm of work that we live in.

Today, I was not only blessed by the girls, but by the message.  It was on the Gospel!!  What a refreshment.  The passages the pastor spoke from where Isaiah 53 and 55 (and, many Cornerstone "kids" memorized Is. 53 this summer...way to go!!)  The Gospel is such an amazing, yet simple truth.  HE died for me and told me to COME to Him and accept His gift of Eternal Life, abundant life.  Wow.  It's well worth your own time and reading to look it up.  Be refreshed today as you dwell on the Gospel.

"Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. 
“Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance." - Isaiah 55:1 - 3
3 “(H)Incline your ear and come to Me. 
Listen, that [c]you may (I)live; 
And I will make (J)an everlasting covenant with you, 
According to the (K)faithful mercies [d]shown to David. 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful reminders! I haven't been keeping up with your blog so I just reviewed your last several posts. You're doing good work. I hope you are well. Thank you for the thoughtful posts!
    God bless,
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Salt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanks for the encouragement to read those chapters. That is good stuff. Your status reminds me of someone who is available for God. PTL. I am working on that status myself. It seems to be easier to do when you are out of your element like being on the mission field or traveling for work. My goal is to return home and remain available for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete