Friday, September 16, 2011

quick update...

Ring Worm...OR NOT!

Well, in case you had read of the ring worm that I had contracted.  It turns out that does not seem to be the case.  I don't post a picture, because it doesn't look very pretty.  At least parts of it aren't very pretty.  It has started to spread a little and continues to hold the blisters.  If you really want more gory detail I'll gladly tell you, but you'll have to ask.  It was suggested today that I go see a Dermotologist.  God has all the wisdom and He supplied the doctor today.  So, regardless of her honesty to say that she doesn't really know what it is, but will start on the basis that it is a form of Eczema by ruling out other possibilies, God is the One who has allowed this.

It is rather discouraging, my left hand is hard to use, it needs to be covered when working with patients, is often sore because of ones that have blistered and broken due to their location in between my pinky and ring finger, God is still in control.  In this I will rest though it may be hard.

My friend came with me today and added great questions and lended a listening ear while the doctor talked and was overall and amazing comfort.  We did some errands, shared a yummy frozen coffee drink, and talked all about midwifery and God's amazing work throughout time.

Thank you all for praying.  My hand is turning into a bigger distraction than my heart desires. I don't know why God is allowing this, but He is.  He makes beauty from ashes and there is much in me that needs to be burned away.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really hoping your hand gets better soon! You're not allowed to fall apart while you're so far away :)

    ReplyDelete