Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Only the Ignorant become Midwives.

Hello again!

Thank you all for your many prayers and well wishes for my hand.  It is indeed improving, praise the LORD!  The doctor requested last week that I return in one week, so I'll see her again this Friday.  Did I mention the office is in the mall?  Well, she is.  That is another topic for another day though.  Ah, the everyday things here. Here's a picture, if you wanted to see it...the blisters are much smaller, though at time sill itchy.  Please keep praying my body would be rid of them!   It's ironic to so need to use your hands, yet they are diseased?!  The LORD knows.
*ok, well there would be a picture, but it's not working this evening...maybe later.

On to the topic of this post.  It's just plain truth, that's all.  If you are a midwife you will conquer with said statement, "Only the ignorant become midwives."  Granted, this is the direction the LORD has laid on my heart, as well as the girls here.  It should be noted though that He did NOT show us what a midwife is before coming.  A general example is nothing compared to the life of a midwife.

Let me 'splain.  The majority of midwives here had no intention initially of any sort of midwifery.  Maybe missions, but not midwifery.  Yet, here we are.  Most of us have a similar story of wanting to do missions, maybe something medical, maybe not, then the Lord just lays midwifery in our lap.  Then you realize why He asks for obedience.  He knows we would see all the obstacles and never enjoy the amazing beauty of His handiwork.  Such sweetness.

Having said all that, you should know, we love it.  Oh, there are moments and days that is it hard.  The doubt creeps in, the reality of the craziness that at any moment someone might walk in ready to give birth regardless of the time of day/night or day of the week, yet it doesn't matter.  This is one of the most intimate handiworks of God, neigh, His most intimate?  So amazing that we even able to play a part.

Blessings to you all!

"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. " - Psalm 139:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment