Sunday, March 10, 2013

Red Moon Rising

"The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord." - Joel 2:31

Looking for a book to challenge and encourage you?  Red Moon Rising is one such book.  One of the girls I live with handed me a book one day and said, "I think you would like this."  She couldn't have been more right!

Through the weeks of reading and digesting the tail of a willing man who followed God my heart was so challenged!  How often do I put God in a box?  I pick out the people God should use.  I decide where ministry would probably be most effective.  Often, my comfort zone is at the root of all the choices.  Even though seeking His face is a continual longing, sometimes that longing is suspended or overshadowed by my small view of who God is.  

It was so encouraging to read an honest account of the good days and the bad days as God started to call people and from a ministry today known as 24-7 prayer.  They are all across the world!  Prayer is so precious.  Every foreign minister knows the necessity and power of prayer.  If you want some encouragement to press on, you might find a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment