Sunday, July 29, 2012

The new year has begun!  Once again, the LORD gave me much favor throughout my travels.  What initially appeared as a hassle with my bag being overweight (actually our fault for mis-reading the website) in the end was a blessing.  In Manila they only allow 7k for the carry on bag.  We almost packed it with 20 lbs more due to the weight in the very beginning.  However, we didn't and it worked perfectly in the end!  God's hand.


My flights, though each was slightly delayed went smoothly.  Only one was completely full.  In fact, on  one flight the entire row was empty, so I slept very well on that flight!  :D  It rained the whole way and continues to be a little rainy here, but no complaints considering that is keeping things a little cooler.


It's great to be back for sure.  Yet, my heart was sad to leave my dear family and friends.  My heart was also troubled with fears of this upcoming year,  "What if it's too much?  Will I burn out?  What about failure?"  (just the inevitable thoughts after leaving such a different world) So, my heart was turned to pouring out to my dear LORD.  He reminded me of His faithfulness and goodness, that my expectation is in Him (Ps. 62:5-8), and of all His clear working for me to be here.  "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." -Philippians 1:6 (also 1 Thess. 5:24).  Praise the LORD.  


And, the LORD gave me one more verse to remind me, again, and humble me, also again!  
"There are four things which are little on the earth,
But they are exceedingly wise:
25 
The ants are a people not strong,
Yet they prepare their food in the summer;
26 
The rock badgers are a feeble folk,
Yet they make their homes in the crags;
27 
The locusts have no king,
Yet they all advance in ranks;
28 
The spider skillfully grasps with its hands,
And it is in kings’ palaces."
-Proverbs 30:24-28

He gives gifts and has a different value and view than we, in our human weakness place on things.  He's my strength, and my joy and my song!  Amen? We are each created for a purpose and we will certainly fulfill it because of Him.


That's the summary for the moment.  The first shift I will work in on Thursday for an outreach (Talikala to the prostitutes).  Lovely.  In the meantime, there is much adjustment back into the Philipines.  The culture, standing out as a "puti" or white person, time difference, food differences....  and yet, it's all familiar.  There was no need to change money, it was relatively easy to speak with the taxi driver, settling in before bed only required unpacking a suitcase, not setting up shop!  (and of course, i'll have to watch some Olympics online!)

On this year shall go with Yaweh Nissi, the LORD is my banner!  And all ya'all for my support with many prayers and great encouragement.  

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment