Friday, August 5, 2011

Traveling and more traveling


"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." 
-Romans 8:16-17

Today as I had a little quiet time with the LORD (and it was little) He reminded me of my need to just rest in Him.  Regardless of my day, whether I deem it as "good" or "bad", "hurried" or "peaceful" He can still have quiet time with me.  

This day started at 3:00am.  It was rather dark, but refreshingly cool from the hot, muggy days of the past few weeks.  My brother and sister-in-law struggled upstairs to say good-bye in the all too early morning hours.  My parents and I were on the road at 3:45am.  Due to the early morning we had no traffic to speak and the ride was uneventful.  

Once at the airport all went well, even the teary good-byes were ok.  They were sweet tears of love and knowing how blessed we are to have each other.  We also look forward to our Eternal home with no more good-byes, but until then, LORD, let us be faithful, obedient servants with teachable hearts.
My total travel time was about 7 hours.  The first flight left at 6:30 and the last one landed at 11:25, but there was a time change in there.  It really does mess with one's senses.  For instance, right now it is almost 4:00pm, but my brain is really struggling wanting it to be 7:00pm.  Ah well, soon enough I'll be half way around the globe...then we can talk jet lag!

Me and my luggage (1-50 lbs. bag, 1-40lbs. carry on, and 1-messenger bag) are now in OR at the house of Gary and Lynn Jones with one other student (who will be studying in Tabuk, so very far away) awaiting the arrival of eight more classmates.   This time of waiting is also allowing my mind, heart and body adjust to the upcoming changes.  Praise the LORD that He is my banner, Yahweh Nissi, and He is the One guiding my steps.  We are a bunch of ordinary girls getting together to learn an ordinary skill that the LORD might use us to further His Kingdom.

Love and blessings to you all!

p.s. pictures will be coming...just have to find the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment